Apple A12 Bionic Processor is a 64-bit hexa-core ARM SoC. It is designed by Apple Inc. and introduced in late 2018. Manufactured by TSMC and using 7 nm Fin-FET process, this processor contains 6 cores consisting of 2 high-performance Vortex cores operating at a clocked speed of 2.49 GHz and 4 energy-efficient cores named as Tempest operating at a clocked speed of 1.52 GHz. Apple A12 Bionic supports up to 4 GB LPDDR4X RAM. It integrates four-core GPU with M12 motion co-processor that is also designed by Apple.
Overview of Apple A12 Bionic Processor:
|Series||Apple A series|
|Codename||Vortex / Tempest|
|Clock Rate||2.49 GHz|
|Number of Cores||6|
|Manufacturing Technology||7 nm|
|Features||ARMv8 Instruction Set|
|GPU||Apple A12 Bionic GPU|
Features of Apple A12 Bionic Processor:
- The A12 Bionic is characterized by high-level synchronization with memory performance.
- The Apple A12 Bionic chip was manufactured by TSMC with a 60% boost in transistor count, based on 7nm physical representation of the data sent and received in binary operation.
- First mobile-tech Company to produce a 7nm chip that has a dynamic benchmark in rare high-speed smart devices.
- The CPU and GPU advancement on the A12 Bionic includes six-core processors, a dual performance core, and sync of four efficiency cores. Requiring 45% less power the dual performance cores speeds up more than 15% faster.
- With the energy efficient cores of A12 Bionic, Apple provided similar efficiency but lesser energy to power compared to A11.
- With the high-quality and super-fast, designed graphics processing unit A12 Bionic enhanced its capabilities almost 50% faster.
- The “Neural Engine” is a double core design with a high stance to perform various operations in an instance.
- The neural engine in the A12 Bionic has up to 8 cores and performs operations almost 50% faster. It also provide Face ID feature with the brain behind.
Apple A11 Bionic Processor – Specification and Gaming Experience
Monsoons are 25% faster and Mistrals are up to 70% faster than the A10 including a three-core GPU, M11 motion coprocessor and an updated image signal processor. The A11 improves multi-threaded tasks with a new performance controller.
Based on TSMC 7 nm process and integrating 6.9 billion transistors, the Apple A12 Processor features two big Vortex cores operating at up to 2.4 GHz along with four little Tempest high-efficiency cores. Apple implements up to 15% faster and up to 40% more efficient using the big cores. Use of four high-efficiency cores enhances up to 50% higher efficiency. All six cores can operate concurrently. The A12 improves graphics processor to deliver up to 50% higher performance. Also the neural processor is capable of serving peak performance up to 5 TOPs.
Devices that use Apple A12 processor:
This chipset is used in Apple handsets like iPhone XR, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max.
- Kirin 990 4G Processor Overview, Gaming Experience
- Apple A11 Bionic Processor – Specification and Gaming Experience
- Kirin 980 Processor – Gaming Experience and Features
- Kirin 810 Processor – Gaming Experience and Features
- How to Fill Images Under Text in Adobe Photoshop CC 2019
- The Best 5 Google Chrome Extensions – You should use
- Difference between Snapdragon 845 and Snapdragon 855
I am a student pursuing B.Tech in Electrical Engineering. I love to gathering the knowledge about new smartphones and the new technologies related to it. May be that’s why I am here to give away some of my knowledge. Also I love to listen music and playing video games.