A cloning software can easily create an exact copy of a hard drive image and files to another drive. And, that cloned drive can be used without reinstalling or reconfiguring windows.
Hard drive cloning software is needed when your computer crashes or data is wiped off. Only a cloning hard drive can save your time and date. Cloning a hard disk does not need to boot your system and configuring your system at the beginning and everything will be set up according to your previous data and settings.
There is plenty of cloning software available on the data backup and recovery market. To save your browsing time, here we are trying to cover 10+ best cloning software for Windows 10.
Why do you need to clone your hard drive?
We keep all our personal and professional data on our desktops or laptop. And, that data is huge in terms of size. As an electronics device, it is quite natural to shutting down or getting crashed without informing us. That time is very painful to recover that files.
To getting rid of that situation, cloning drive becomes the savior. It does not require any kind of Windows installation or reconfiguration. A cloning software creates an entire data backup from a hard disk and saves that cloning files to an external file.
Sometimes cloning software is needed while you are upgrading from HDD to SSD. SSD can boost your laptop’s performance up to 80x.
- Cloning softwares is easy to use to create a backup of your entire drive including your Windows.
- You don’t need any kind of bootable pendrive to boot your device and reconfigure that system again and again.
- Data of multiple computers is easily managed and quickly recovered while the system is getting a crash.
- Cloning the entire disk needs a separated disk space and that size should be larger than the existing disk size.
- It is not possible to keep the cloned data within the same system. You need a separated disk or drive to keep that cloning data.
- It does not make a real time backup or cloning service. When you create a backup, it can save until the last updated data to your external drives.
So, you have got an overview of how cloning software helps to create a backup of the entire Windows operating system. Now, check out the lists of Windows cloning software.
Recommended Cloning Software for Windows 10: 1️⃣ EaseUS Todo Backup 2️⃣ O&O Disk image 3️⃣ Clonezilla 4️⃣ Acronis Disk Director 5️⃣ Minitool Partition Wizard 6️⃣ Paragon Drive Copy 7️⃣ AOMEI Backupper 8️⃣ Active@ Disk Image 9️⃣ Iperius Backup
List of Top 9 Best Cloning Software for Windows 10
EaseUS Todo Backup tool is a free backup and restoration OS cloning tool that allows you to create a backup of your existing Windows operating system and files. EaseUS Todo backup comes with a Free version and as well a paid version with fantastic features from data cloning to make a bootable drive that can help to run Windows without making any kind of reinstallation.
Highlighted Features of EaseUS Todo Backup:
- It offers one-click backup. It is different from cloning Windows. Easeus todo backup tool backup entire files and stored in that storage. If the system fails to restart, it will automatically restore that data.
- It allows you to create entire Windows backups and entire files backup along with encryption for protecting your files. But cloning features come with Paid version of this software.
- EaseUS Todo backup can create a clone of your existing Windows operating system and save that into a bootable drive. So that you can use that bootable pendrive to make a copy of your operating system.
- Free tool with necessary features for cloning windows.
- Supports multiple recovery mediums like NAS, USB, FTP Server and RAIDS.
- Only available on Windows Platform.
- It is not suitable for enterprise level data backup and image cloning.
EaseUS Todo Backup offers two versions of this application; one is the basic free version which comes with only Backup and Restoration features. Another version is the EaseUS Todo Backup home version. That Home version offers all the features and it costs around $19.95 per month, $39.95 for 1 year and $59.00 for a lifetime. Prices are reasonable compared to other applications.
EaseUS Todo backup software is a paid software and comes with a free version with limited features like backing up data and creating a system image file along with restoration. But, EaseUS Todo can create a disk imaging backup and save that to an external drive that comes with a paid version of EaseUS todo backup the Home version. Although it comes with a 30days free trial with a slow backing up process. But this software is totally worth it to use.
O&O Disk Image is a paid backup and restoration OS cloning tool. It creates an exact replica of the content of your hard drive and its individual settings. So that, all the files are kept safe with the backup of the entire contents of the device including disk drives, files, and folders. A unique Plug and Play feature is given in O&O Disk Image to select the files and folders before creating a backup. Also, the new feature permits to turn the USB flash drive (with enough storage) or/and external hard drive into a disk boot medium image.
You have to launch the restoration tool and select the contents for the process of backup to restore. It provides the facility to restore the system backup on different hardware instead of the original. O&O Disk Image Recovery Partition makes it easier to restore the last system image. It will warn the user about security threats as it regularly monitors the system. A special feature of varying pixel density helps to adjust the pixel density setting of a connected monitor. This tool helps a lot to work around the system boot issues caused by drivers with the Windows system backup including the driver integration.
Highlighted Features of O&O Disk Image
- It delivers an unique Plug and Play feature that helps you to select files and folders before creating backup.
- As it creat backup, the files and folders are kept safe in backup system.
- Variable pixel density settings helps to adjust the pixel of connected monitor.
- It creates exact replica of the contents saved in your hard drive.
- An unique Plug and Play feature to select files and folders before creating back-up.
- The recovery partition of O&O Disk Image makes the restoring system easier.
- Disappointed with its messy user interface.
- Also, there is a lack of backup scheduler.
O&O Disk Image provides Professional Edition at a price of 49.95 dollars for a single user 1PC. The same Professional Edition for 5 PCs at a time costs 69.95 dollars. And the Power Pack of O&O Disk Image comes with 59 dollars.
Clonezilla is an open-source disk-imaging tool only for Linux. The user can backup and recover files and documents of their devices. The Clonezilla Server Edition (SE) version of the program can clone near about 40 computers at one time. The user needs to pre-build the program and load it to a CD, hard drive, or USB flash drive to install the software.
Clonezilla has a number of encryption options that help to keep your system data secure. Disk images can be encrypted either using eCryptfs or using AES 256-bit encryption to control the access of the data.
Highlighted Features of Clonezilla
- Clonezilla, a free and open-source tool, used for Disk Imaging and Disk Cloning. Along with FAT32 and NTFS, it supports a wide range of file systems on Windows 10. Clonezilla is such a powerful disk imaging tool that clones the content at 8 GB per minute rapidly rate basis.
- As it is an open-source disk cloning tool that works with the command line with the limited support, Clonezilla also have things on the brighter sides. It is such a highly customizable tool that features rich disk imaging functionality.
- Clonezilla Live can be run but it need to be installed on the USB or CD/DVD first. And Clonezilla Server can be run but only on a server utility. It can easily backup, clone, and restore a computer.
- It is an open-source transparent software for cloning.
- It can backup and restore and also recover to bare metal servers.
- Server version can clone near about 40 machines at one time. This feature makes it a decent option for larger network system.
- For support and bug fixes, the uers are totally dependent on the open-source community.
- It need to be installed on CD or USB after configuration for deployment.
- Basically Clonezilla is not intuitive for new users.
Clonezilla is a low cost open-source disk imaging solution. So it is ideal for small businesses and larger enterprises. There are three versions of Clonezilla which are Clonezilla Live, Clonezilla SE and Clonezilla Lite Server. These all are free of cost for download and installation.
Suggested: [Fixed] Error of displaying “Windows Could Not Automatically Detect This Network’s Proxy Settings
Among all disk management tools, Acronis Disk Director offers both the drive management feature as well as cloning features. It’s the only cloning tool that supports file systems, like FAT32, NTFS, FAT16, SWAP, Ext2, Ext3, Reiser3, and Linux. The user will get full control over the data which they would like to clone. Moreover, the user can manage partitions, create partitions, merge or split the partitions, and labeling them straight from the interface without using any other software.
It can also recover the accidentally deleted volumes or corrupted volumes. There are a lot more features like creating bootable media, creating a single volume from multiple drives, optimize drive space, convert a disk from basic to dynamic, and much more.
Highlighted Features of Acronis Disk Director
- It is only cloning tool that supports file systems like FAT32, NTFS, SWAP FAT16, Ext2, Ext3, Reiser3, and Linux.
- As a recovery tool it can also recover volumes that got deleted by mistake or accidentally or corrupted.
- During cloning, it gives the user full control over every cloning and also the user can manage partitions from the interface.
- It offers both the drive cloning and management features.
- It also gives the user full control over cloning and managing the partitions right from the interface.
- The user can create new partitions, spliting or merging and labeling them using this single software.
- It is limited in Windows cloning as a hard disk management tool. It provides limited possibilities for recovering and reviewing the information on disks.
- When large copies are made, Acronis Disk Director freezes.
A single license of Acronis Disk Director costs 49.99 dollars that offers too many features compared to other paid tools. The user doesn’t need other disk management features as it is unnecessary. You can try the Acronis Disk Director Demo version as per interest but the fully functional version supports disk volume only up to 10GB.
MiniTool Partition Wizard is a disk partition software. It is free software for Windows. It can migrate operating systems of Windows to a range of storage devices such as HDD, SSD, SD card, USB flash drive, SSHD, external hard drive, Hardware RAID, and Dynamic disk. It allows the user to create, delete, move and resize partitions on the storage devices.
The software provides a feature of disk space analyzer that is useful for managing disk space. It allows the user to see the files that are filling up unnecessary space on the hard disk. The space analyzer helps the user to manage the hard disks more effectively, move the important files and eliminate unnecessary files that are taking up space.
Highlighted Features of MiniTool Partition Wizard
- This software can migrate operating system to a range of storage devices such as HDD, SSD, USB flash drive, SSHD, external hard drive, SD card, Hardware RAID, and Dynamic disk.
- The user can manage storage space on the hard disk by analysing the useful files.
- It can migrate full operating system to new hardware.
- It provides more storage options such as RAID, USB, or SD card for restoring.
- It allows the user to analyze disk space prior to backups.
- As it is designed for home use, it’s not ideal for larger companies.
- As it is made for home use, so non-technical users can face complication.
MiniTool Partition Wizard is aimed at home uses for disk partition solutions. Free and paid versions are available in the market. The free version has limitations whereas paid versions add additional features such as data recovery and partition recovery. Prices start at 59 dollars per license. The software is available for Windows Vista, XP, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
Paragon Drive Copy is a disk cloning tool. It helps to create either an entire backup or partitioning in creating a backup of the hard disk and operating system. Users can decide whether to take the entire backup or partitioning and also migrate the operating system back up to new computers. Fast recovery helps to return back to the normal operation for the user after a system issue.
Paragon Drive Copy comes with a wizard for speeding up the recovery and restoring process. It assists the user in restoring the images backup. Also, the Recovery Media Builder tool allows the users to create a recovery environment as per their choice.
Highlighted Features of Paragon Drive Copy
- It allows to create back up of operating system and user can migrate that to mew computer.
- It provide a wizard to assist the user and speed up the recovery and restoring process.
- It allows the user to migrate the operating system that makes it a good hardware upgrading tool.
- With an easy to use interface, it provides a simple wizard to create a suitable recovery environment for the user for future.
- It focused towards enterprise usage with a higher price.
- It doesn’t have cloud-backup option.
Paragon Drive Copy is recommended for enterprises which prices start from 79.95 dollars. Minimum Windows 7 is required for supporting the software to the operating systems.
AOMEI Backupper offers to create a secure backup of the disk drive. With an integrated platform, it clones the hard drive HDD, SSD, USB flash drive, and any bootable storage media. It is one of the best disaster management backup tools as it can recover and create a backup from a system crashed computer and ransomware attacks. Supported in Windows Vista, XP, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 along with the supporting system files like FAT32, NTFS, FAT16, EXT2, EXT3, and more.
If you don’t want to clone the operating system, then a free version of AMOEI Backupper should be good for you. Go with the pro version if you want to control over backup images such as splitting and merging backups, real-time data synchronization, mirror synchronization, creating event-triggered backups, filtering file types, encryption of backup images, and taking backup or restoring dynamic disks. In the range of different plans, it offers different editions like Professional Edition, Workstation Edition, Server Edition, and Technician Edition. The free backup version is only for home users.
Highlighted Features of AOMEI Backupper
- AOMEI Backupper offers a free version for handling both backups and cloning. During cloning, the user can create either a full disk clone or partition clone. You have to upgrade to the pro version for creating the operating system clone.
- The free version of AMOEI Backupper contains all the required features for creating backup and restoring. The user can create system backup, file backup, make partitions while creating backup, sector by sector backup, incremental as well as differential backup and much more.
- The amazing thing about AOMEI Backupper is that it offers customer support even for free version up to working days only. It is really rare to see.
- It allows to clones the hard drive HDD, SSD, USB flash drive, along with any bootable storage media.
- Users can recover and take a back-up form a system crashed computer and ransomware attacks.
- Automatic backup helps to synchronise a file and create a back-up either on cloud or local disk.
- It provides low protection level for back-up
- In free version the user doesn’t get suitable features.
Standard AOMEI Backupper is free of cost. For professionals, the user has to pay 39.95 dollars. AOMEI Backupper Workstation costs 49.95 dollars. And for the AOMEI Backupper Server, you have to purchase a package of 169 dollars.
Active@ Disk Image is a disk image recovery tool for Windows. It is used to copy, backup, and recover images from storage devices like HDD, SDD, USB, CD, DVD, Blu-ray, and more. The software runs on Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2012, Server 2016, Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1, Linux, FreeBSD, and Solaris.
Along with the wizard, the Active@ Disk Image is very easy to use. Your conducted every disk operation will break down. The user can do operations such as Disk to Image, Image to Disk, Copy Disk to Disk, Create Raw Image, Clone Disk, verify Image, Mount Image, and more. All the information in one place makes it easier for the user to carry out the tasks without confusion.
Highlighted Features of Active@ Disk Image
- With the supported storage devices like HDD, SDD, USB, CD, DVD, Blu-ray, and more, Active@ Disk Image can complete operations Disk to Image, Image to Disk, Copy Disk to Disk, Create Raw Image, Clone Disk, verify Image, Mount Image, and more.
- The only software that supports so many systems like Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2012, Server 2016, Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1, Linux, FreeBSD, and Solaris.
- It provide a freeware version for testing.
- It delivers image encryption for secure storage.
- It can recover RAID systems and restore that.
- It support Cross-platform with Windows, Linux, and FreeBSD.
- It is quite old and out dated software.
- It has slightly higher learning curve as compared to clonning tools like Acronis True Image.
Active@ Disk Image is an alternative to low-cost disk cloning software. The freeware version allows the user to create backup and restore disk images, mount images as virtual drives, and compress Images.
It has paid versions too that feature RAID support and image encryption. The prices start at 39 dollars.
Iperius Backup is an image backup tool that creates backups of disk images in Windows 10. It clones drive images and directly sends them to the cloud storage. Along with Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, the software supports other cloud storage like Amazon S3, Azure Storage, and more. To keep your data safe, cloud backups are AES 256-bit encrypted.
It supports a wide range of databases and virtual services. Including Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, and others are well known databases whereas the most used virtual machines for backup are VMware ESXi and Hyper-V machines. So that, the user can re-install their disk images while recovering the system.
Highlighted Features of Iperius Backup
- Supporting a wide range of databases and virtual services is one of the main strengths of Iperius Backup. It can backup databases like Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, and MariaDB. And virtual machines like VMware ESXi and Hyper-V machines.
- You can restore disk images while re-installing the system again.
- Supported cloud services are Google Drive, OneDrive, Amazon S3, and other well known services.
- It encrypts the backup automatically by using AES-256 bit encryption to keep the data safe.
- Among the DBAs, it supports database formats like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, and virtual machines like VMware ESXi and Hyper-V machines that makes it a solid choice.
- It is only available for Windows.
- Including many nested tabs, the interface may confuse the user.
- It is built for technical users, not for home backups.
Iperius Backup, a top disk-imaging tool, delivers monitor backup of files, databases, and VMs with a central perspective for enterprises. There are multiple licenses available for Iperius Backup starting from 32 dollars for the Desktop version. The user can also download a trial version for free.
Final Verdict on Cloning Software of Windows 10
I would recommend you to try AOMEI Backupper in case you’re not familiar with the disk cloning process. With a user-friendly version, it provides a free version to make the cloning process easy.
Moreover, Clonezilla and Acronis Disk Director are the best cloning tool while choosing a comprehensive cloning software no matter whether it is free or paid.
That’s all for now. I hope you have gained some knowledge about some Disk Cloning tools by reading this article. It is one of the most secure ways to create a backup of data and contents in your hard drive. In case of emergency, system crash, and other problems the user doesn’t need to be worried about losing your precious data.
If you like the content, share it. And, let us know which disk cloning tool you’re going to use. If you are using any other cloning tool then feel free to comment on your experience in the comment section.