Introducing Indian Video Calling Drishti App
During COVID-19 lockdown, the work environment has become virtual sitting inside the home. Most peoples are working through messaging app WhatsApp as well as video conferencing app Zoom. But, due to some privacy issues, peoples want to switch another safe app. Also, Zoom is a Chinese app that has banned along with other 59 Apps.
In this situation, a sixteen years old boy from Radhanagar village of Ghatal, Arnab Modak develop a video conferencing app “Drishti” which is almost similar to the zoom app. Drishti is already available in both Google Play Store. Let’s start to know which is better in Drishti and Zoom according to features.
Zoom vs Drishti app by Arnab Modak
Like Zoom, Drishti is also used for study and official purposes by regular users. Both the Apps works on the email address. Users can use Zoom App from both smartphones and Laptops, whereas Drishti App is used only for Android.
Zoom provides the best security for paid users only. A regular user may face security and privacy problem. Due to the lousy atmosphere between India and China, India has banned 59 Chinese apps, including Zoom. As an alternative to zoom, many other apps are present in the Play Store, such as Google Meet, Cisco Webex, Jitsi Meet, Jio Meet, and so on. In this situation, a sixteen years old student of class X from Jatsara Ramakrishna High School of Ghatal, Arnab Modak develop a video conferencing app “Drishti” which is almost similar to the zoom app. It is available on Google Play Store. Let’s compare the apps and discuss the similarities and differences.
Similarities in Zoom and Drishti
There are a lot of similarities between Drishti and Zoom that stated below.
- The design of these two video conferencing apps is almost the same. Drishti has a simple user interface, just like Zoom. Representation colour is different, i.e., orange and light blue.
- Both Zoom and Drishti support a 1:1 video call with a large group of up to 100 participants. In both apps, the meeting is password-protected, and the host can only permit to join the meeting.
- Both Drishti and Zoom give an HD video conference call.
Difference factor of Zoom using this Drishti App
There are a lot of exclusive features present in Drishti compared with the Zoom app.
- Both Drishti and Zoom support video conferences taking up to 100 participants, but the timing is different. In Drishti user can be connected up to 24 hours, whereas in the zoom, the meeting will continue for 40 minutes. After 40 minutes of duration, the session will automatically end and pursue further hosts have to start the conference again. But in Drishti, the user can attend a meeting continuously for up to 24 hours.
- Security infrastructure is one of the primary concerns in online service. Users already faced security issues from Zoom. But Zoom provides a lot of security updates. Though Zoom introduced end-to-end encryption, Zoom also noted that Zoom would give the best security only to its paid users. Due to unsatisfactory over the security, Indian Governments advised avoiding using the Zoom app.
- The paid plan for zoom starts at $14.99, i.e., 1,120 rupees per month, per host for up to 9 hosts. Whereas Drishti app is free.
- Zoom allows up to 1000 participants, whereas Drishti allows 78 participants at a time.
- Zoom has to provide end-to-end encryption with both paid and free users, whereas Drishti conducted video conferencing with encryption. But there is no clearance about the encryption, whether it is end-to-end or not. For free and limited user Drishti is better, whereas, for a more extensive and flexible meeting, the zoom is preferable.
User Experience of Drishti video calling App
The user experience of both these apps is quite similar. “Drishti” app can be installed in Android only whereas “Zoom” can be installed in both Android and Apple.
In Drishti, the host can create a password-protected session. Drishti is better for free and limited users, whereas Zoom is preferable for a more extensive and more flexible meeting.
Download Drishti App
Congratulate Drishti Video calling app in India
So, this is all and, we, Techvaio, make sure that you have gained some knowledge about two video conferencing app Zoom and Drishti by this comprehensive information. There are many other video conferencing apps in the Google Play Store, but as an Indian alternative app, Drishti is better than Zoom.
At last, if you like our content and efforts behind it, please share this post with your lovable persons and help them to know about better video conferencing app Zoom vs Drishti. Further, you have any queries or extra information; please feel free to comment below.