Exynos 9820 processor is a 64-bit octa-core ARM microprocessor of high performance. It is designed by Samsung and introduced in early 2019. Based on 8 nm LPP (Low Power Plus) process, this processor contains 8 cores consisting of 2 Mongoose M4 big cores operating at a clocked speed of 2.7 GHz, 2 Cortex-A75 cores operating at a clocked speed of 2.3 GHz and 4 Cortex-A55 cores operating at a clocked speed of 1.9 GHz. Exynos 9820 supports up to 12 GB of quad-channel 16-bit LPDDR4X RAM. It provides a Mali-G76 MP12 GPU with 12 cores. The Exynos 9820 processor comes with an LTE modem that supports cat 20 uplink and cat 20 downlinks.
|Series||Samsung Exynos 9|
|Codename||Exynos M4 / Cortex-A55|
|Clock Rate||2.7 GHz|
|Number of Cores||8|
|Manufacturing Technology||8 nm|
|Features||ARM Mali-G76MP12 GPU , (2 x Samsung Mongoose Custom CPU)+(2 x Cortex-A75)+(4 x Cortex-A55), LPDDR4x RAM|
|GPU||ARM Mali-G76 MP12|
Features of Exynos 9820:
- The Exynos 9820 processor is built to maximize AI capabilities with NPU to powerful performance through tri-cluster CPU. Exynos 9820 offers the blueprint and foundation for a smart mobile future.
- Exynos 9820 is produced in the new 8nm LPP process which enhances its performance.
- Exynos 9820 contains 2 big Samsung custom M4 cores to deliver peak performance, 2 additional ARM Cortex-A75 also for performance tasks and 4 small and power-efficient ARM-Cortex A55 cores in the third cluster.
- The Exynos 9820, with an integrated Neural Processing Unit (NPU), reached up to the maximum limit of mobile intelligence. It allows the processor to perform AI-related functions seven times faster than ever. The Exynos 9820 with NPU expands AI capabilities of mobile devices such as enhancing photos to advanced AR features.
- The Exynos 9820 provides advanced image signal processor (ISP) which supports five sensors including IR sensor. With advanced design, the Exynos 9820 offers the best photography experience by greater photo quality and faster auto-focus. It is further enhanced by the AI-capabilities of the NPU, enabling flexible multi-camera solutions.
- Exynos 9820 supports to record 8K videos at 30fps. By rendering 10-bit colours, a wide range of tones and multi-format codec (MFC), the Exynos 9820 delivers life-like representations of multimedia content on HDR display to keep memories in extraordinary detail.
- The LTE modem supports LTE-Advanced Pro Cat 20 (8CA 2Gbps download speed and 3CA 316 Mbps upload speed). ARM Mali G76MP12 with 12 cores graphics card is used in this chipset.
- The Exynos 9820 uses physically un-clone-able function (PUF) to store personal data in perfect isolation to keep information safe and secure. PUF provides the unique key and secure key manager provides security protocols like key generation, storage and derivation etc.
- The Exynos 9820 enhanced battery life with an innovative 8nm LPP (Low Power Plus) Fin-FET low power design. It reduces power consumption up to 10 per cent compared to 10nm LPP process. Exynos 9820 also optimizes power consumption of CPU and GPU by reducing the operating voltage, idle and leakage power.
Gaming Experience of Exynos 9820 Processor:
Using high performing Mali-G76 MP12 GPU, the Exynos 9820 delivers the ultimate gaming experience. Compared to the Exynos 9810, the Exynos 9820 offers up to 40% improved performance and 35% enhanced power efficiency for immersive, uninterrupted gameplay.
Incredible Graphics of Exynos 9820 Processor:
Exynos 9820 comes with the latest ARM Mali-G76 MP12 GPU. It brings more realistic graphics with 40% more powerful performance. The GPU is built on ARM’s fourth-generation architecture that offers a high performance by consuming lower energy. The GPU features wider engine execution with a double number of segmentations, resulting in better performance and efficiency for complex graphic.
Fast Performance of Exynos 9820 Processor:
The Exynos 9820 provides 4th generation custom CPU consists of two big custom cores for ultimate processing power, two Cortex-A75 cores for optimal performance and four Cortex-A55 cores for greater efficiency. It results in superior performance. Tri-cluster with intelligent boosts multi-core performance by 15% compared to the Exynos 9810. 4th generation custom CPU improves single-core performance up to 20% and boosts power efficiency up to 40% by enhancing memory access capability and cutting-edge architectural design.
Exynos 9820 supports LTE Category 20 that offers downlink speed up to 2.0Gbps with 8CA (Carrier Aggregation) and uplink speed up to 316Mbps. Further, the stability and speed of the modem are enhanced by the expansion of 4×4 Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output (MIMO), 256-QAM (Quadrature Amplitude Modulation) and Enhanced Licensed-Assisted Access (e-LAA) technology.
Devices that use Exynos 9820 processor:
This chipset is used in flagship smartphones like Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, Samsung Galaxy S10+, Samsung Galaxy S10e etc.