A Few days ago Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced that a new feature is known as the Facebook shop is coming in Facebook that will help the small businesses to prosper despite this emergency situation caused due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Finally, as promised by Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook came up with a new feature known as Facebook Shop which makes it easy for small businesses to set up a single online store for customers to access on Facebook. Now they can easily grow their business using Facebook shop.
Therefore in this article, we will discuss in detail about the Facebook Shop feature. In doing so, we will also reveal how you will be able to set up a Facebook Shop and finally, we will enlist some key advantages and disadvantages of Facebook Shop.
What is Facebook Shop?
Facebook Shop is a new feature that Facebook has introduced through which you can buy or sell different types of products. As mentioned earlier, this feature is mainly introduced to help small businesses to prosper even in recent difficult times when it not possible to open shops physically due to Corona Virus.
With the introduction Facebook Shop, businesses can now select the products they want to highlight from their catalogue and then they can customize the look and feel of their shop with a cover image and different accent colours that showcase their brand.
So with the help of Facebook Shop no matter the size or budget, you can bring your business online and connect with customers wherever and whenever it is convenient for them. The main aim of the Facebook Shop is to make shopping seamless and eventually empower small business owners and global brands to use the Facebook app to connect with customers.
How to create Facebook Shop in your Facebook app?
You can easily create a Facebook Shop by following a few easy steps which we are going to discuss in this section of this article. The steps which we will show are straightforward to execute so even new Facebook users will be able to easily create the Facebook Shops without facing any sorts of issue.
- First and foremost, you need to open your Facebook page and then click on the “Add Shop Section” link.
- Once you click on the “Add Shop Section” link, you will come across a pop-up message which will explain what this section will allow you to do. Finally, click on the “Add Shop Section” button present at the bottom of the pop-up window in order to go to the next step.
- In this step, you will be asked to agree to Merchant Terms and Policies on Facebook. After reading all the details, click on the “Continue” button to proceed to the next step.
Note: You must thoroughly go through all the terms and policies since it contains essential information, including what you can sell on your Facebook page, how problems will be handled during the “test phase” of the Shop Section launch, and even return & refund policies, etc.
After agreeing to all the terms and policies, you will be asked to enter your business details and also set up payment processing with Stripe. Finally, click on the “Submit” button as soon as you finish entering all the details.
Note: If you already have a Stripe account, log into that account first and then click on the link to connect to an existing Stripe account. Otherwise, you will have to set up a Stripe account first before proceeding to the following setup.
- After executing the previous step successfully, you will notice that your “call to action” button changes to a “Shop Now” button, which indicates that your Facebook Shop is successfully created.
- After setting up the shop successfully, you need to describe what actually your Facebook Shop will sell within 200 characters so that your customers can have a proper idea about your products.
- In this step, you need to add products to your Facebook Shop by clicking on the “Add Products” button. Finally, add all the details about your product and then click on the “Save” button to add the product on your Facebook Shop.
So by following the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to create your Facebook Shop and eventually add products to your Shop.
Now we will move into the next segment of this article where we will mention the main advantages and disadvantages of Facebook Shop so that you can bring the best out of this feature without facing any issues.
What is the advantage of using Facebook Shop:
- This feature is free, so you don’t have to spend a single penny to set up Facebook Shop.
- Facebook has a high potential customer reach to display your product.
- You can easily share your products and offers with your customers.
- You can easily tag your products in Facebook posts to boost sales.
- It is very straightforward to set up the Facebook shop so you will be able to easily create Facebook shop even when you will be doing it for the first time.
- The Facebook Shop allows you to directly contact with the consumer.
- It offers customized page designs which will help you to attract more visitors.
Disadvantages of using Facebook Shop:
- Generally, people don’t consider Facebook as a place to buy products, so you need to convince people properly before you can see significant results.
As promised at the beginning of this article, we have given detailed information about the Facebook Shop, which was recently added on Facebook.
Like every feature have positive and negative points, Facebook Shop also has advantages and disadvantages, but the benefits are far more superior to the cons, so it is extremely beneficial to use Facebook Shops.
Finally, we can conclude that Facebook Shop is really a great feature to have as it helps to boost the sales of small businesses in the recent crisis situation caused due to Corona Virus Pandemic.
- Best 4 Simple WhatsApp Tricks You Should Know
- Why Google Pixel 5 choose Snapdragon 768G Processor to be powered
- What is MOD APK and what is the risk for using MOD APKs?
- How to customize fonts in WhatsApp Messages
- How to Fill Images Under Text in Adobe Photoshop CC 2019
Somnath is an Entrepreneur by his passion and love to write content related technology tips and tricks. He starts his day from turning on Laptop and offs his night by pressing “shut down” of his laptop.