Kirin 990 5G Processor is also a 64-bit octa-core ARM SoC of high performance. It is designed by Hi-Silicon and introduced in September 2019. Based on the combination of TSMC’s and EUV process, the 7nm processor contains 8 cores consisting of 2 Cortex-A76 cores operating at a clocked speed of 2.86 GHz, 2 Cortex-A76 cores operating at a clocked speed of 2.36 GHz and 4 Cortex-A55 cores operating at a clocked speed of 1.95 GHz. Kirin 990 5G supports up to 12 GB of quad-channel 16-bit LPDDR4X RAM. It provides a Mali-G76 MP10 GPU. The integrated LTE modem of Kirin 990 5G supports up to 2.3 GB/s download and up to 1.25 GB/s upload speed.
|Codename||Cortex-A76 / Cortex-A55|
|Clock Rate||2.86 GHz|
|Number of Cores||8|
|Manufacturing Technology||7 nm|
|Features||ARM Mali-G76 MP16 GPU , 2 x Cortex-A76 (2.86 GHz) + 2 x Cortex-A76 (2.36 GHz) + 4 x Cortex-A55 (1.95GHz), LPDDR4X RAM, 2300 Mbps Download speed and 1250 Mbps upload speed|
|GPU||ARM Mali-G76 MP16|
Features of Kirin 990 5G Processor:
- Kirin 990 5G enhance up to 35% power efficiency due to the 2nd generation of process node. The 990 has 50% more transistors than 6.9 billion in the 980 and that is 10.3 billion.
- Kirin 990 5G is the world’s first flagship 5G SoC which is manufactures by the combination of cutting-edge 7nm and EUV process.
- Besides the first full-frequency 5G SoC, Kirin 990 5G is also the world’s first HUAWEI Da Vinci architecture NPU with all new Tiny-Core that achieves the leading 5G peak downlink rate.
- With powerful CPU and 16-core Mali-G76 GPU, Kirin 990 5G facilitates high performance and large energy efficiency for consistently fast and smooth user experiences. Besides this it is fully robust and intelligently compute power with ultra-low power consumption.
- Kirin 990 5G comes with ISP 5.0 that pioneers block-matching and 3D filtering (BM3D). It can reduce noise in Dual-Domain video. Also it delivers sharp images and videos even in low light environments.
- Kirin 990 has also been significantly enhanced to deliver a next-level 4G mobile experience with upgraded performance, energy efficiency, AI and photography.
Kirin 990 4G Processor Overview, Gaming Experience
Kirin 990 4G has approximately 8.0 billion transistors including a developed NPU dual-neural processor “Da-Vinci” designed for AI acceleration to provide superior performance.
Kirin 990 5G enables for the users to access superb 5G connectivity. World’s first flagship 5G SoC, Kirin 990 5G comes with cutting-edge performance, energy efficiency, AI computing and ISP, lifting the smartphone user experience to new heights.
Combination of TSMC’s and EUV process,7nm processor Kirin 990 achieves better performance and energy efficiency containing two big cores with the frequency of 2.86GHz, two mid cores with the frequency of 2.36GHz, and four little cores with the frequency of 1.95GHz. Kirin 990 utilizes the 16-core Mali-G76 GPU to implement smooth gaming. Gaming+ 2.0 is designed to offer immersive gaming experience with HD graphics, natural fast-flow and quick action movements.
Kirin 990 5G can reach 5G peak download rate with Sub-6GHz band. Theoretically the download speed can reach up to 2.3 GB/s and the upload speed up to 1.25 GB/s.
Devices that use Kirin 990 5G processor:
This chipset is used in HUAWEI handsets like HUAWEI Mate 30 and HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro.
- Kirin 990 4G Processor Overview, Gaming Experience
- Kirin 980 Processor – Gaming Experience and Features
- Kirin 810 Processor – Gaming Experience and Features
- How to Fill Images Under Text in Adobe Photoshop CC 2019
- The Best 5 Google Chrome Extensions – You should use
- Difference between Snapdragon 845 and Snapdragon 855
I am a student pursuing B.Tech in Electrical Engineering. I love to gathering the knowledge about new smartphones and the new technologies related to it. May be that’s why I am here to give away some of my knowledge. Also I love to listen music and playing video games.