Do you know how to turn off active status on Facebook and Messenger? If not, this guide will help you to turn off active status on Facebook and Messenger. So, begin our today’s discussion.
Sometimes Facebook is enjoyable. Even if you don’t comment on the posts or share anything yourself. If you use it, your friends will still be aware that you are active on the site. Yes, that’s not very enjoyable. Thankfully, it is possible to turn off that feature.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to turn off Active Status on Facebook and Messenger, so you may use the services invisibly. Before moving to the guide, let’s know what active status means and do on Facebook and Messenger.
What Does ‘Active Status’ Mean & Do?
When you’re active on Facebook and Messenger, your friends and contacts will see Active Status. If you were recently looking at a Facebook post or a Messenger discussion, for example, they will notice a green dot next to your profile picture to signal you’re online or a timestamp to show when you were last online.
Turn off Active Status on Facebook and Messenger
This is how “Active Status” works. If you want to use Facebook and Messenger without letting know to anyone about your active status or last active time, follow this simple guide given below. We have separated two guides, so you can understand the steps and apply them.
How to turn off Active Status on Facebook
Open the ‘Facebook App’ on your smartphone, and ‘log in’ to your Facebook account. Then follow the below-given steps to turn off the active status.
- Click on the “Menu tab”, scroll down and select “Settings & privacy”.
- Next, select again “Settings” and click “Profile settings”.
- In the Privacy section, you will find “Active Status”.
- Tap on it, and toggle off the option “Show when you’re active”.
Thus, no one can know when you are active. Even you can also be unable to know their active status on Facebook. Follow steps 1 through 3 above and then toggle on “Show when you’re active” if you want to reactivate your Active Status.
How to turn off Active Status on Messenger
Open the ‘Messenger App’ on your smartphone, and ‘log in’ to your Messenger using your Facebook account. Then follow the given steps.
- On the “Chat tab”, click on your “Profile Picture” in the top-left corner.
- You will find “Active Status” in the Profile section, click to open it.
- You can see two different options “Show when you’re active” and “Show when you’re active together”.
- You can either turn off the first one to hide your active status from others or both to hide yours as well as others’ active status to you.
Thus, you can turn off active status on Messenger. Even you will get an option to turn off your active status, but you can see others active. It’s quite amazing. Follow steps 1 through 3 above and then toggle on the one or both that you turn off to reactivate your Active Status.
That’s all you need to know to turn off your active status on Facebook and Messenger. I hope you will be helpful with this article. Try out the given methods and steps, and then share your experience in the comments.
Please share this content to let others know how to turn off active status on Facebook and Messenger. If you have queries, feel free to ask in the comment section. Stay tuned for more interesting topics, thanks for reading.!!
You may also like:
- Top 12 Best Android Simulator for PC – You must try
- Best tools to Make Social Media Videos in 2020 [Easily]
- 5 Easiest Ways to Remove Watermark from Videos Free